I am highlighting this Ecotax post for prospective candidates:
———- Forwarded message ———-
Date: Thu, May 14, 2009 at 4:46 PM
Subject: Job vacancy at RMBR, NUS: Education and PR Officer (Poly/BSc/relevant – deadline: 15 Jun 2009)
Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research (RMBR), Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore
Job Vacancy Advertisement: Education and Public Relations Officer
- RMBR designation: Education and Public Relations Officer
- Official NUS designation: Laboratory Technologist
- Salary: Consistent with qualifications and experience, as determined by the Office of Human Resources, NUS
- Qualifications: Polytechnic diploma, BSc, or BSc (Honours) in biology or related fields, and/or relevant experience in public relations and/or public education
- Contract: Yearly, until conferred permanence (retirement at 62 years of age)
- Main role: Handle public relations, education and outreach for the RMBR
- Specific duties:
- To guide visitors and VIPs through the RMBR Public Gallery.
- To host research visitors.
- To assist in the installation of exhibits in the Public Gallery. (The Public Gallery is one major facility for public education.)
- To be the RMBR representative for the Museum Roundtable.
- Communication with the media (TV, radio, newspapers).
- To update and provide new materials for the RMBR website.
- Maintaining the museum’s Newsblog.
- To take charge of the publication of RMBR publicity materials, e.g., brochure, annual report.
- Recording the history of the museum to generate announcements or news items for the RMBR website, or for newspapers.
- To track the publications outputs of RMBR staff and Research Associates (Biodiversity and Ecology academic staff of the Department of Biological Sciences).
- To track the use of RMBR materials in research publications.
- To manage the literature collection of the RMBR Library (arranging, maintaining and cataloguing papers, journals and books in the museum’s library)
- In charge of the inventory of the RMBR merchandise and consignments.
- Assist in administration matters of the RMBR.
- To back up the RMBR secretary during leave periods.
- Applicants: are to send this form (http://sn.im/hzv6c-gm5) to Assoc. Prof. Hugh Tan, Deputy Director, Raffles Museum of Biodiversity Research at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: 15 Jun 2009