The Tropical Marine Science Institute is looking to hire two research assistants to start immediately.
Job opportunity: Research Officers (Marine Biology)
- A good diploma or degree in Marine Biology or Aquatic Science
- Some practical knowledge of marine biodiversity in Singapore or tropical Southeast Asia would be an advantage.
- Interest in taxonomy of marine invertebrates will be useful.
- Candidates must be able to swim and preferably have a Class 3 Singapore driver’s license
- Must be prepared to work outdoors, and the work may be physically demanding especially during the warm months of the year
- Candidates should be highly motivated, resourceful individuals with good technical skills
- Good oral and written English communication skills are necessary
- Assist with marine biodiversity surveys and/or biofouling projects, in both field and laboratory
- Assist with data management, analyses, and preparation of reports
- Regular maintenance of field research facilities and equipment, and coordination of group work activities
- The primary job location will be TMSI St John’s Island marine laboratory
- Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The appointment will be for a period of one year and extendable depending upon the candidate’s performance.
- Interested candidates are invited to email their detailed resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate in the subject heading: “RE: Research Officers/Marine Biology”
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
- Closing date : Open