Research Assistant/Technical Support Officer opportunities with the Freshwater Biomonitoring team in NUS.
The monitoring of Singapore’s freshwaters is critical for the protection and management our water resources. The Public Utilities Board recently commissioned the National University of Singapore to undertake monitoring of water quality and stream health using freshwater invertebrates as indicator taxa in various aquatic habitats in Singapore.
We are seeking for two enthusiastic Research Assistants and/or Laboratory Technicians to join current biomonitoring team.
- Carry out regular field studies at various sites in Singapore
- Laboratory-based work with freshwater invertebrates
- Analysis and reporting of scientific data
- Administrative support for the monitoring project
The candidates should possess:
- a polytechnic diploma or degree in biology or a related subject
- field experience
- a passion for ecological-based scientific research
For Research Assistant positions:
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- strong analytical skills preferred
Candidates possessing valid driving license are strongly preferred. Knowledge of freshwater invertebrates would also be advantageous.
Experience of ecological sampling protocols and/or working with freshwater macro-invertebrates would be advantageous. However, full training will be provided.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV to Mr Adam Quek at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 27th December 2010.
Interviews will take place during the the first week of January in 2011.