Update: Note the requirement to include the completed NUS Personal Particulars Form in the submission.
Full-time Teaching Assistant for
Life Sciences (Environmental Biology) Undergraduate Courses
@ Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore
Application Deadline: Wednesday 23 May 2012
The Department of Biological Sciences is inviting applications for the post of Full-Time Teaching Assistant (FTTA) for Life Sciences undergraduate modules, in field of Biodiversity and Ecology.
The FTTA will be working as a team with professors and laboratory officers to achieve holistic goals for undergraduate education in NUS. The FTTA must possess high accuracy with data management, demonstrated administrative processes, ability to manage and consult peers, understand student issues and be passionate about teaching.
Applicants must read the Selection Criteria carefully and address each of the points stated. Incomplete applications will not be evaluated.
The specific duties of the FTTA include:
- oversee modules in biodiversity, ecology and animal behavior,
- recruit, manage and train part-time TAs,
- oversee the schedule of field trips and laboratory practical sessions,
- manage and mark continual assessments,
- student marks management, and
- address student queries.
The appointment will commence in July 2012. This appointment is a one-year contract, and is renewable based on performance.
- A Bachelor (Honors) Degree in Life Sciences or in a relevant field, practical related experience is desirable;
- Demonstrated understanding of the department’s research focus and teaching environment;
- Strong interpersonal skills to provide high quality student-focused services;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently, prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team and manage groups at the undergraduate level;
- Experience in administrative processes, with high attention to accuracy and detail;
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook, Excel and Word, and Google Docs
Closing Date: Wednesday 23 May 2012
Applications are accepted via email only. Applicants must send a cover letter, a completed Personal Particulars Form (click to download), a note addressing the selection criteria and curriculum vitae stating three referees. Reference letters will be required only after applicants are shortlisted for interview.
Send all applications to:
Mr. Laurence Gwee
Department of Biological Sciences
National University of Singapore
Block S3 Level 5, 14 Science Drive 4