The ASEAN CENTRE FOR BIODIVERSITY (ACB) is an intergovernmental regional centre that facilitates cooperation and coordination among the Member States of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) and with regional and international organizations on the conservation and sustainable use of biological diversity. The Governing Board of ACB, composed of the 10 Member States of ASEAN and the ASEAN Secretariat, provides policy guidance and directions and undertakes overall supervision of the operations of the Centre.
ACB invites ASEAN nationals to apply for the position of Executive Director
- Position Title: Executive Director
- Duration of Contract: One year, with possibility of annual renewal depending on performance
- Reporting To: ACB Governing Board
- Place of Assignment: ACB Headquarters, Los Banos, Laguna, Philippines
Duties and Responsibilities (summarised)
Reporting to the Governing Board of the ASEAN Centre for Biodiversity (ACB), the Executive Director will be responsible and accountable for the overall operations of ACB which includes overall direction and management of human and financial resources and overall development, planning, coordination and monitoring of activities of the Centre. The Executive Director is to provide leadership in the operations of ACB and undertake strategic activities to ensure that ACB will be financially self-sustainable in the long-term.
- a) Be a national of an ASEAN Member State;
- b) Possess an advanced qualification (at least a Masters degree) in environment, strategic management, economics or related fields;
- c) Attained at least 15 years of working experience, 10 years of which should be at the senior management level, preferably in government or international organizations;
- d) Have good knowledge and experience on environmental issues in the ASEAN context, particularly on biodiversity conservation and
sustainable management and use of natural resources;
- e) Possess excellent leadership, managerial, strategic and project management skills established good working relationships with governments, intergovernmental organizations, UN organizations, non-governmental organizations and the private sector;
- f) Possess excellent inter-personal, communication and diplomatic skills, excellent command of English, and able to work with people at
all levels and in a multicultural environment;
- g) Have managed major programmes or institutions of a multidisciplinary/multilateral nature;
- h) Possess excellent networking and resource mobilization capabilities.
- Position Announcement: 15 October 2012 (on ACB website: http://www.aseanbiodiversity.org)
- Application Period: 15 October to 15 November 2012
- Deadline for submission of application documents: 15 November 2012.
For details, please read this pdf.
First posted in Ecotax.