One or more part-time field assistant(s) are required to help to conduct vegetation surveys in secondary forests of Singapore from March to June 2013.
This project on the regeneration of young secondary forests in Singapore will attempt to describe and identify possible factors that affect the regeneration of forest structure and community composition in the young secondary forests.
- Work at least two days a week.
- Most work will be conducted on weekdays, but access to some areas are dependant on authorities and may include the occasional Saturday, Sunday or public holiday.
- Establish vegetation plots
- Collect field data
Candidates should be:
- Physically fit
- Comfortable working in forests
- Knowledgeable about forests and forest plants is useful, but candidates with no prior knowledge of vegetation survey and plant identification techniques can also apply as training will be provided.
S$8/hour (CPF will be additional for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents)
Please contact Alex Yee Thiam Koon, Graduate student, Botany Laboratory, Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore. Email: email@example.com or call 6516-2708.