Update: Positions have been filled as of 8 May 2013. Thank you for your interest!
One or more part-time assistant(s) are required to help with experiments, sampling and sample processing in Singapore reservoirs from April to Dec 2013.
Project description: Sampling and processing of samples from Singapore’s reservoirs as well as subculturing and aiding in experimental work on cyanobacteria in the laboratory.
- Work when needed on experimental days (every 2 days) and one full day for filtration of reservoir samples.
- Most work will be conducted on weekdays, but some experimental collection days may be on weekends and public holidays
- Filter water samples, record and weigh freeze dried water samples
- Assist in collection of samples for experimental work in the laboratory as well as filtration of samples on weekdays or weekends.
Candidates should be:
- Meticulous and careful with samples
- Be able to come into the lab on a need to basis.
- Knowledgeable about phytoplankton and sterile techniques is useful, but candidates with no prior knowledge can also apply as training will be provided.
Please contact Maxine Mowe, Graduate student, Freshwater and Invasion Biology Laboratory, Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6516-4255.