Marine Antifouling R&D Programme
Tropical Marine Science Institute, NUS
 Marine Biologist / Engineer
- The project requires a marine biologist or research engineer interested in investigating the development of marine biofouling under dynamic flow conditions.
- The successful candidate will assist to design flume channels, and investigate the development of marine growth on antifouling coatings.
- MSc or PhD degree in biology or materials engineering. Some experience and interest in computational fluid dynamics and/or marine invertebrate biology would be advantageous.
- Candidates with a good Honours Degree with relevant research experience will also be considered.
- Strong English writing and verbal skills
- The successful candidate must be highly motivated, responsible, able to multi-task and a good team player. Good communication skills are necessary as project will entail active interaction with collaborators from different disciplines.
- The primary job location will be TMSI St John’s Island marine laboratory.
 Research Officer / Lab Officer
- Support marine biofouling and antifouling coatings development projects, for both field and laboratory work. This will include work in a chemical lab.
- Assist with field work, lab bioassays as well as data management, analyses, and preparation of reports.
- Assist with housekeeping and maintenance of the program’s research facilities.
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree, preferably with modules in Marine Biology and Materials Science or Chemistry.
- Candidates with a Diploma who have technical or practical experience in marine-related may also be considered for Laboratory Officer positions.
- The primary job location will be TMSI St John’s Island marine laboratory. Candidates must be able to swim, and be prepared to work outdoors.
- Note that the work may be physically demanding especially during the warm months of the year.
- Candidates should be highly motivated, resourceful individuals with good technical skills.
- Good oral and written English communication skills are necessary as job scope will entail active interaction with academic and industry collaborators.
- Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The appointment will be for a period of one year and renewable depending upon the candidate’s performance.
Interested candidates are invited to email their detailed resume and cover letter to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate in the subject heading: “RE: Research Officers/Biofouling”
Deadline for Application:
- The closing date for applications is 20 July 2013.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to be interviewed.