Project description: The diet and ecological role of the common palm civet in Pulau Ubin.
An intern or part-time student assistant is required in the first half of 2015.
Photo by Fung Tze Kwan
- Sorting of common palm civet scats and identification of diet items.
- Preservation and storage of processed samples.
- Data entry.
- Assistance in field work and logistics e.g. radio-tracking and camera trapping as required.
Applicant should be:
- Meticulous, responsible and careful with samples.
- Training will also be provided but experience in sorting is helpful.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Able to work on weekends, at night or overnight for the field component.
- Part-time student assistant applicants have to be able to commit at least two days (16 hours) a week.
- Intern applicants have to be able to commit to a 3 – 6 months period.
- Standard student assistant hourly rates apply.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to N. Sivasothi at email@example.com by 20th January 2015.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified for the interview by end–January 2015.