Manager/ Biodiversity (Biodiversity Information & Policy)
Agency: National Parks Board
Apply by 24 Apr 2016 at Careers@Gov.
The Biodiversity Information and Policy branch under the National Biodiversity Centre is responsible for developing biodiversity information products and services, coordinating and promoting collaboration and partnerships in enhancing urban biodiversity and ecology in Singapore, driving the implementation of policies and guidelines pertaining to biodiversity conservation and managing the implementation of the National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan.
The successful applicant is required to facilitate and steer biodiversity research towards conservation priorities in support of Singapore’s National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan, manage the research application and approval process, organize biodiversity research presentations, workshops and citizen science programmes and to regularly review the kind of biodiversity research being conducted in Singapore.
- Degree in Biology or related discipline from a recognized university with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Keen interest and passion in biodiversity conservation
- Strong organization and analytical skills
- Good writing and interpersonal / communication skills
- Competence in database management and experience in using Global Information Systems (GIS) will be an advantage
- Some experience in doing scientific research work
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Advertised: 08 Apr 08 2016; Application close: 24 Apr 2016
Apply at Careers@Gov.