Student Research Assistant for NUS‒NParks Marine Debris Project (2‒4 months)
The Student Research Assistant will assist in the NUS‒NParks Marine Debris Project, which involves establishing a national baseline data of marine debris. The role involves mainly assistance in the processing of microplastic samples and possibly in marine debris monitoring programme, and volunteer management.
The position is part-time with hourly wages.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sorting and identifying of microplastics from sediments.
- Assisting in marine debris field surveys at coastal areas.
- Compiling existing data from International Coastal Cleanup Singapore and data management.
- Must be a current undergraduate in a local university.
- At least A’level / Diploma knowledge in Biology.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Meticulous and responsible with samples and data management.
- Strong oral, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Training will be provided but some experience in sorting (e.g., macroinvertebrate sorting) would be useful.
- Some knowledge and experience in marine debris.
- Experience in data and volunteer management.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Ms Joleen Chan at email@example.com by 13 July 2018. Shortlisted applicants will be notified for the interview by mid–July 2018.