The successful applicant is required to support programmes that promote collaboration and partnerships in conserving Singapore’s natural heritage. Examples of programmes include NParks Community in Nature (CIN) Biodiversity Watches, Festival of Biodiversity and CIN school programmes.
- Developing, organising and conducting outreach programmes.
- Creating suitable materials for these programmes.
- Assisting in research and field trips.
- Managing logistics and other administrative duties.
- Processing of data collected by citizen scientists.
Any Other Requirements (e.g. to indicate preference for students’ course)
- Strong background in biological sciences or related discipline.
- Good interpersonal, written and communication skills, with the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Familiarity with online medium, audio and visual equipment, for the development of educational materials.
- An organised, creative and resourceful team player who can meet deadlines.
- Keen interest in nature conservation and outreach and enjoys working in an outdoor environment.
- Proficiency in nature photography, film production or design-related media (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator) is a plus.
Apply with the following documents to CIN@nparks.gov.sg with the subject: 2020 FYI Application
- Cover letter
- Photography, film or design-related portfolio, if any
More information available in this document: BIP-FYI-Internship-info_2019_2020.pdf