SGUnited Teaching Apprentice Job Description
Job Title: Full-time Teaching Assistant
Job description: The FTTA will be working with a team with professors and laboratory officers to achieve holistic goals for undergraduate education in NUS. The FTTA must possess familiarity with administration and data management, be digitally competent, be consultative and exhibit leadership with peers, understand undergraduate student issues, be communicative and a team player and be passionate about teaching. The applicant will be a teaching staff in the Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore for six months.
The modules that the staff will be teaching and/or handling the administrative duties of the following zoology modules –
- LSM2251 Ecology and the Environment
- LSM2252 Biodiversity
- LSM3254 Ecology of Aquatic Environments
- GES1021 Natural Heritage of Singapore
The responsibilities of the FTTA include:
- Teaching undergraduates in Biodiversity and Ecology modules
- Manage communication and administrative needs of modules
- Recruit, train and supervise part-time teaching assistants
- Oversee scheduling of field trips and laboratory practical sessions
- Undertake and manage all students’ assessments
- Initiate improvements to management and pedagogy with advice and support from module coordinators
- A Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Graduating in 2020 or have graduated in 2019
- A Bachelor (Honors) Degree in Zoology, Life Sciences or Environmental Studies or in a relevant field; field related experience is desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom and Google Docs.
For more details, please see the SGUnited job description here:
To apply for this position, go to the NUS Department of Biological Sciences website > Jobs in DBS to apply. Deadline is 17 June 2020, Wed.