The boss of Infinite Pond & Landscape Pte Ltd, Henry Tang, is an alumni of the Department of Biological Sciences and is looking for life science graduates or undergraduate interns interested in nature and working outdoors on landscape and pond maintenance projects with schools.
The industry has good opportunities and this is a good place to start as he is open to fresh graduates who are keen to work hard and learn the ropes. The company handles some 40 school projects and has provided these details about the nature of the job, the outlook they are looking for and the learning opportunity the job provides:
- Nature of Job: Landscape and pond maintenance exclusively for schools
- Contracts for Primary and Secondary schools, Junior Colleges and Tertiary institutions.
- The creation and maintenance of eco-gardens, eco-ponds, butterfly gardens, vegetable/herb gardens, rainforest and wetlands patches and vertical gardens
- A degree in biological sciences or environmental studies or the equivalent and a love for nature
- You will be dealing with the Heads of Science Departments, Vice Principals of Education/Admin and Principals of Schools
- Starting pay $2.500 or more, depending on experience
- 3 months probation and up $3,000
- Individuals with no experience are welcome but must be hands on, and be humble to work with and learn from FMWs, who are highly skilled and experienced individuals
- Must be enjoy the outdoors, getting your hands dirty and being engaged in hard and rewarding work.
- Look forward to also learning through sponsored courses conducted by CUGE
- there is a career path within a dynamic company – horticulture is large industry in Singapore, beyond school landscape projects but include streetscape, hardscape and softscape, etc
- Roles include Technician, Supervisors, Manager
Contact Henry Tang @ 9776-0849 or email email@example.com