Job: Fauna specialist (1-year Contract)
Job Duties And Responsibilities
Camphora is a collective that provides integrated flora, fauna and arboriculture baseline data to inform design intent and formulate solutions for ecological conservation.
We are seeking to hire an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who has a passion for biodiversity and enjoys working in the outdoors.
You will mainly be assisting in the following (but not limited to):
- Planning and execution of fauna surveys, including day and night surveys
- Integrate faunal findings into biodiversity impact assessment
- Conduct inspections at development sites
- Manage project deliverables
- Report writing
- Attend and prepare for meetings
- Degree in Environmental Science or related fields
- Passionate about biodiversity conservation
- Responsible, independent, and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Physically fit, and comfortable being outdoors and in the forest
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet project deadlines
- Training will be provided but familiarity with species identification of a particular faunal group (terrestrial/freshwater/marine) will be an advantage.
- Knowledge in GIS or data analytics will be an advantage.
Appointment will be on a 1-year contract basis and salary will commensurate with qualification and experience. Fresh graduates are welcomed to apply.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Derek Yap at firstname.lastname@example.org.