Job: Flora specialist (1-year Contract)
Job Duties And Responsibilities
Camphora is a collective that provides integrated flora, fauna and arboriculture baseline data to inform design intent and formulate solutions for ecological conservation.
We are seeking to hire an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who has a passion for botany and enjoys working in the outdoors.
You will mainly be assisting the Lead Botanist in (but not limited to):
- Planning and execution of flora surveys
- Integrate floristic findings with faunal and arboriculture findings in biodiversity impact assessment
- Manage project deliverables
- Report writing
- Attend and prepare for meetings
- Degree in Environmental Science, Botany, Zoology, Horticulture or related fields
- Passionate about plants, botany and horticulture
- Responsible, independent, and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Physically fit, and comfortable being outdoors and in the forest
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet project deadlines
- Training will be provided but familiarity with local flora will be an advantage. Fresh graduates are welcomed to apply.
- Knowledge in GIS or data analytics will be an advantage.
Appointment will be on a 1-year contract basis and salary will commensurate with qualification and experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Derek Yap at firstname.lastname@example.org.