Research Assistant post
Job Description – The research project aims to culture, manipulate and engineer local microbiota in intensive closed aquaculture systems. The successful candidate will be required to develop a sustainable microbial- based aquaculture system using a consortium of beneficial marine microorganisms, and characterize the microbiomes in mariculture systems.
The candidate will also be responsible for administrative duties, data collection and interpretation, and report writing including publication of findings in international journals. The candidates are required to commence work immediately.
- A good Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Aquaculture, Biotechnology, Microbiology, or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work on weekends if required and in marine aquarium facilities.
- Self-motivated and passion in research.
- Experience in peer-reviewed publications would be advantageous.
- Proficient in statistical analysis tools.
Interested applicants should submit their up-to-date CV to Dr. Loo Poh Leong at email@example.com by 31 January 2021.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview.