We are looking for undergraduate part-time assistants under the NUS Student Work Scheme (NSWS) to help out with mesocosm experiments involving aquatic plants from January 2018 to September 2018.
Project description: Restoration of reservoir water using aquatic plants in mesocosm experiments
What you will learn
- Identification and collection of aquatic plants for experimental work
- Collection of growth and other relevant plant data as part of routine sampling of outdoor experiments in the reservoir
- Monitoring of water quality parameters using multimeter probes
- Methodology for chlorophyll-a analysis of reservoir water
- Fish trapping and macroinvertebrate sampling
- Identification and counting of freshwater phytoplankton, zooplankton and fish
- Learn more about Singapore’s freshwater fauna and aquatic ecology in general
Candidates should be:
- Able to work during term time and during the semester break
- Physically fit and able to work outdoors for extended periods of time
- Willing to learn new techniques
Non-biology majors are welcome to apply
Please contact Dr. Maxine Mowe, Post-doctoral research fellow, Freshwater and Invasion Biology Laboratory, Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore at email@example.com.