A number of job opportunities have been highlighted to us for advertisement.
- Conservation International: Sustainable Scapes Science Advisor – Asia-Pacific (based in Singapore; deadline 02 Jul 2010) – link
- ETH Zurich – PhD position in Plant Biotechnology/Molecular Biology – link
- Currently open within IUCN – visit the website page http://www.iucn.org/involved/jobs/ for details.
Field Assistant position, Jun-Aug 2010
The effects of urban disturbance on arboreal herpetofauna in Singapore
Application Deadline – As soon as the position is filled.
We are seeking to hire a field technician to assist research conducted under Brett Scheffers and Dr. Navjot Sodhi in the Conservation Ecology Lab. Our primary goal is to assess the effects of urban disturbance on arboreal herpetofauna (amphibian and reptile) assemblages in Singapore.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain extensive field experience with amphibians and reptiles. Field assistants will learn an array of animal and environmental sampling techniques. Biology students are invited to apply.
The position is from June – August. Start and end dates are flexible. Standard hourly wages apply.
- Hard working
- Capable of critical thinking and working alone
- Able to work long days in the field under variable weather conditions
- Enthusiastic and positive
For more information please contact Brett at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a brief cover letter and resume.