With Wildlife Reserves Singapore; see link.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- End to End management of the permanent flora monitoring plots in forested environment including the processing and analysing the data
- Mandai Ecological Restoration Plan – Map and assess plots for ecological restoration or habitat enhancement and soil seed bank investigation. Investigate suitable planting methods for respective plots
- Support Softscape Taskforce and construction teams with flora issues such as analysing the arborist reports, working on solutions for replanting and be a subject matter expert on flora issues.
- Analyse Arboreal Connectivity in the Mandai over time and space as development progresses to provide scientific rigour and basis for mitigation measures
- Manage Tree Inventory for Mandai with the aim to reconcile to prepare for handover to operators upon project completion
- Guide and onboard the WRS operator team to be more familiar with development flora work to prepare for handover in future
- Support the carbon accounting framework with tree carbon sequestration data and calculation
- Support the operations of Mandai Wildlife Bridge
- Minimum Masters’ Degree or Honours Degree in ecology; environmental conservation and/or related fields
- At least 4 to 7 years of relevant experience in managing flora and ecological related projects
- Strong in analytical skills and be able to understand the balance between development and ecological considerations
- Ample field experience and proficient in planning and managing outfield activities
- Good network and rapport with the local nature community and other environmental groups
- Prior research experience and developmental background will be an advantage
The boss of Infinite Pond & Landscape Pte Ltd, Henry Tang, is an alumni of the Department of Biological Sciences and is looking for life science graduates or undergraduate interns interested in nature and working outdoors on landscape and pond maintenance projects with schools.
The industry has good opportunities and this is a good place to start as he is open to fresh graduates who are keen to work hard and learn the ropes. The company handles some 40 school projects and has provided these details about the nature of the job, the outlook they are looking for and the learning opportunity the job provides:
- Nature of Job: Landscape and pond maintenance exclusively for schools
- Contracts for Primary and Secondary schools, Junior Colleges and Tertiary institutions.
- The creation and maintenance of eco-gardens, eco-ponds, butterfly gardens, vegetable/herb gardens, rainforest and wetlands patches and vertical gardens
- A degree in biological sciences or environmental studies or the equivalent and a love for nature
- You will be dealing with the Heads of Science Departments, Vice Principals of Education/Admin and Principals of Schools
- Starting pay $2.500 or more, depending on experience
- 3 months probation and up $3,000
- Individuals with no experience are welcome but must be hands on, and be humble to work with and learn from FMWs, who are highly skilled and experienced individuals
- Must be enjoy the outdoors, getting your hands dirty and being engaged in hard and rewarding work.
- Look forward to also learning through sponsored courses conducted by CUGE
- there is a career path within a dynamic company – horticulture is large industry in Singapore, beyond school landscape projects but include streetscape, hardscape and softscape, etc
- Roles include Technician, Supervisors, Manager
Contact Henry Tang @ 9776-0849 or email email@example.com
A Research Assistant position is available in the Laboratory of Jarkko Salojarvi at the School of Biological Sciences, Nanyang Technological University.
- DNA extraction of plant leaf samples and genomic library preparation of DNA extracts for high-throughput sequencing, including protocol optimization
- In-vitro plant tissue culture
- Other duties related to procurement and reimbursements as assigned by principal investigators (Jun Ying Lim and Jarkko Salojarvi)
- BSc degree in Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, or related fields
- Able to work independently and possess good communication skills
- Well-organized and able to work safely in a wet lab
- Prior experience with DNA extraction and genomic library preparation for high-throughput DNA sequencing, and/or in vitro plant tissue culture ideal but training will be provided
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
Apply at this link.
Camphora is a collective that provides integrated flora, fauna and arboriculture baseline data to inform design intent and formulate solutions for ecological conservation.
We are seeking to hire an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who has a passion for botany and enjoys working in the outdoors.
You will mainly be assisting the Lead Botanist in (but not limited to):
- Planning and execution of flora surveys
- Integrate flora surveys with fauna and arboriculture surveys in baseline studies
- Report writing
- Attend and prepare for meetings
- Degree in Environmental Science, Botany, Zoology, Horticulture or related fields
- Passionate about plants, botany and horticulture
- Responsible, independent, and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Physically fit, and comfortable being outdoors and in the forest
- Training will be provided but familiarity with local flora will be an advantage. Fresh graduates are welcomed to apply.
Appointment will be on a 1-year contract basis and salary will commensurate with qualification and experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Derek Yap at firstname.lastname@example.org.