04 Jan 2023 – Biodiversity and Impact Assessment consultants Camphora Pte Ltd is hiring in anticipation of new projects. Several positions are available for these two appointments: Flora Specialist and Fauna Specialist.
See the job details online
- Flora Specialist [link]
- Fauna Specialist [link]
Applications are open so apply immediately!
A/Prof Roman Carassco (NUS DBS) is inviting applications for two Research Assistant positions to work on projects related to wildlife trade: (i) wildlife trade demand reduction of saiga (Saiga tatarica) horn and (ii) population modelling of species involved in traditional Chinese medicine.
The research assistant positions will involve: (i) behavioural intervention survey design and statistical analysis; and (ii) geographic information systems and mathematical modelling of species population dynamics using historical data.
The applicants would have either a degree related to ecology, geography, environmental sciences, social sciences, economics, psychology or related disciplines.
- The position is for two years and starts by March 2023.
- The salary is $3,500 per month and includes medical benefits. CPF for Singaporean nationals are in addition to the salary.
- One of the positions would involve spending 4-6 months at the University of Oxford with collaborators.
Please send your CV to email@example.com before the 20th of January 2023 including a section describing your quantitative skills and previous research work. A cover letter is not necessary.
The successful applicant will join the BioEcon Lab (https://lnkd.in/gWXmxw7Z) at the Department of Biological Sciences of the National University of Singapore.
Job: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer position at Ridge View Residential College at the National University of Singapore. RC’s are “live and learn” environments for first and second year undergraduates, and this college is well practised in sustainability education and out-of-classroom teaching.
Details at https://careers.nus.edu.sg/job-invite/15091/
Do you have a passion for environmental issues, nature, advocacy and change? WWF Singapore is looking for a Head of Education and Outreach by 16th May 2022.
They are looking for a relevant degree holder + 5 years experience, preferably in education w/3 years managerial experience; and capable at event management).
See all the details at: https://lnkd.in/g2jXh_wm
Job: Intertidal Fauna Specialist (Contract) at Camphora
Camphora is a collective that provides integrated flora, fauna and arboriculture baseline data to inform design intent and formulate solutions for ecological conservation.
We are seeking to hire an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who has a passion for biodiversity and enjoys working in the outdoors.
You will mainly be assisting in the following (but not limited to):
- Planning and execution of marine and terrestrial surveys
- Integrate biodiversity findings into biodiversity impact assessment
- Conduct inspections at development sites
- Manage project deliverables
- Report writing
- Attend and prepare for meetings
- Diploma/Degree in Environmental Science or related fields; with background in marine ecology
- Passionate about biodiversity conservation
- Responsible, independent, and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Physically fit, and comfortable being outdoors and in the forest
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet project deadlines
- Familiarity with identification of marine/intertidal fauna to species level, and further specific ID skills in molluscs and/or crustaceans will be an advantage
- Knowledge in GIS or data analytic will also be an advantage
Applicants with at least 2 years of work experience preferred, but fresh graduates are welcomed to apply.
The appointment will be on a 1-year contract basis and salary will commensurate with
qualification and experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Derek Yap at firstname.lastname@example.org.
— end —
Announced at the last department faculty meeting – Alex Ip and Wong Sek Man, our physiologist/parasitologist and plant virologist will retire in June 2022. Former students who wish to wish them well can look up their emails on the department webpage. Maybe a time to catch a cup of coffee with these veterans!
Yale-NUS is advertising two research positions for 2nd upper honours or MSc graduates (science preferred but not necessary):
- Research Assistant (Data Selection – Plants) [see requirements here: Yale-NUS RA_data selection plants_JD.pdf]
- Research Assistant (Database Coordinator) [see requirements here: Yale-NUS RA_database coordinator_JD.pdf]
These interesting positions are offered under the project, “Linking the Digital Humanities to Biodiversity History in Singapore and Southeast Asia”.
NParks has advertised this position
You will be part of the Centre for Animal and Veterinary Service (CAVS) team under the Professional and Scientific Services (PSS) Division and the Centre for Wildlife Forensic’s (CWF) Molecular diagnostics team.
As a member of the multi-disciplinary team at the CAVS and CWF, you will be responsible for providing professional and competent diagnostic and test development support. Training will be provided in molecular techniques such as whole-genome sequencing and Single Nucleotide Polymorphism) discovery.
- Developing, establishing, and validating various molecular techniques for the identification of wildlife samples.
- Developing, establishing, and validating genotyping techniques for the determination of the genetic geographic provenance and population assignment of wild animals.
- Participate in the maintenance of a laboratory quality system according to ISO17025:2017.
Please read details at the Careers @ Gov portal.
Job: Graduate in life sciences or related degree: Full-time Teaching Assistant (FTTA) for the MSc in Biodiversity Conservation and Nature-based Climate Solutions at Department of Biological Sciences
The FTTA will support the fieldwork, computer labs (R, data analysis and spatial modelling) and manage guest lectures and internship opportunities for the programme.
Please see Careers @ NUS: https://careers.nus.edu.sg/NUS/job/Kent-Ridge-Teaching-Assistant-%28Biological-Sciences%29-Kent/8190544/