The National Parks Board is looking for a Senior Program Officer (Coastal and Marine Section).
The Coastal and Marine Section works towards providing Singapore with a strong basis to adopt a proactive, balanced and forward-looking approach to coastal and marine environment-related policy, management, and research-direction issues, consistent with Singapore’s long-term economic and sustainable development goals. The Section also has the responsibility to ensure that our limited but rich coastal and marine biodiversity is conserved as part of Singapore’s natural heritage.
Our interdisciplinary team undertakes a broad range of technical projects, including ecology & the environment, coastal dynamics, legislation & regulations and other technical areas of coastal and marine environment concern. An external committee of domain experts provides advice on these projects. Publication of results and policy recommendations for the conservation and management of the coastal and marine environment are key deliverables of the team. Team members are expected to work collaboratively with each other, and with counterparts working in related areas within NParks and other agencies.
The Senior Programme Officer will join a team of officers who manage technical projects, monitor key issues and support the day-to-day operations related to the goals of the Coastal and Marine Section. Preparation of reports and formulation of coastal and marine conservation policy will be key deliverables; supporting the team in the organization of technical meetings and conferences is also part of the scope of this position.
• Degree in a relevant discipline
• At least two years’ work experience in ecology, environmental management, coastal dynamics, environmental legislation or one related to the CME Programme will be a strong advantage. Fresh graduates who can show evidence of capabilities will also be considered.
• More experienced and qualified applicants may be considered for, and given more management-level responsibilities
• Excellent command of spoken and written English and be able to analyze issues from a broad-based strategic perspective
• Knowledge of the concept of Integrated Coastal Management will be an advantage
Application closes on Saturday, June 11, 2011 at Singapore Botanic Gardens, 1 Cluny Road,Singapore 259569